One of the toughest things for some moms are to get their families to eat their vegetables. Chef Suné Niemand shares these lifesaver recipes, especially if you are pressed for time.
Curry and basil pork stir fry
|pork fillet, thinly sliced (or pork stir fry from Checkers butchery)
|curry paste (this can be made or bought ready-made)
|chopped fresh pineapple (can be substituted with lychees)
|red onion, cut into thin wedges
|green beans, topped
|cherry tomatoes, halved
Basil leaves (basil may not be in season, but can be found in shops, however, you can also substitute with rocket leaves)
- Pork and curry paste in bowl – stir to coat.
- Heat a pan/wok over high heat – add oil.
- Add pork in batches and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir fry pineapple for 1 minute to caramelise, remove and do the same with the rest of the vegetables (add more oil if necessary and a little water for the beans),eturn pork and pineapple to pan/wok, toss together.
- Add lime juice, sugar and basil – give final stir, season and serve with rice.