(Makes 1x 30×40 cookie tray)
|15g||cake wheat flour|
- Place sugar, honey, cream and butter in a pot and stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to the boil 116°C.
- Add the cherries, nuts and cake wheat flour.
- Pour over the half baked short dough crust (see step 2 of short dough recipe).
(use ½ of the recipe for 1x batch Florentines)
|450g||icing sugar, sifted|
|5g||lemon zest (zest of one lemon)|
|1,360g||cake flour, sifted|
- Lightly mix butter, sugar, lemon zest together, mix till light and fluffy. Scrape the mixture 3x with dough scraper while mixing. Add the egg yolks (SLOWLY) and the vanilla, lightly mix. Add the cake flour and make dough. Press into two greased sheet pans. Prick with a fork and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Pour the filling onto the crust and bake for 45 minutes at 175°C. Cool in the pan and cut into shapes.