The municipality is urging residents to be aware of potential flooding which could occur due to prolonged downpours of rain. Mangaung Metro has issued a statement following an advisory alert from the South African Weather Services following consecutive days of the rain which started on Friday and is expected to continue until Wednesday 24 April 2019.
The city’s teams are on high alert in case of severe flooding and emergency cases.
Motorists are advised to avoid the following routes:
- Cnr Parfitt and Nelson Mandela Drive
- Dr Belcher Road
- Batho Intersection next to the Police Station
- Fort Street Subway
- OR Tambo and Hartley (Coca Cola intersection)
- Botshabelo West (drive with caution)
- Thaba Nchu (drive with caution)
The municipality has also urged residents to make pathways to allow water to flow though their yards.
Emergency services contact no: 051-406-6666