Walnut and lemon tart
|1roll (250g)||short-crust pastry (see below)|
|Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a 20-cm tart tin and line with the pastry.
- Blind bake (cover with tin foil and fill up with dry beans) for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- In a non-stick saucepan, mix the butter, syrup, eggs, lemon rind and juice.
- Put the pieces of walnut into the pastry case, pour the syrup mixture over the top and bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is bubbling and brown.
|Make your own short-crust pastry|
|Pinch of salt|
|15ml||icing sugar (for a savoury version, leave out the icing sugar)|
Mix the flour, salt and butter together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water a tablespoon at a time until the pastry binds together. Knead it carefully, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to rest for at least 30 minutes.