Two-nut chocolate torte with chocolate ganache
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line the bottom of two bread tins with greaseproof paper before buttering the sides and dusting with cocoa powder.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the chocolate and cocoa and process for 30 seconds to break up the chocolate. Put the mixture aside.
- Cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time and mix well.
- Add the chocolate and nut mixture to the butter and egg mixture.
- Beat the egg whites (add a pinch of salt) to reach stiff peak stage.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for around an hour in the preheated oven.
- Decorate the torte with white chocolate fondant and chocolate shards.
White chocolate ganache
|420g||good quality white chocolate|
|500ml||cream, slightly heated|
|A knob of butter|
- Slowly heat the cream on low heat.
- Cut the chocolate into smaller pieces and add to the cream.
- Gently heat until all the chocolate has melted.
- Lastly add the knob of butter.
- Cool before using.