Twitter abuzz with #matricresults

0
615

SABRINA DEAN – The class of 2014 will find out today who passed, who excelled and who failed.

Twitter has been very active under the hashtag #matricresults since Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga last night announced a nationwide decline in the pass rate, which dropped by 2.4 percent from the 78.2 percent Columnist achieved in 2013 to 75.8 percent for 2014.

Columnist Tom Eaton probably best highlighted one of the major concerns around the National Senior Certificate by congratulating the 38% of Grade 1’s who began their school career in 2003 for managing a Matric pass. What happened to the other 62%?

Cosatu General Secretary Zwelinzima Vavi tweeted that the bachelor pass rate of 28,2 percent is too low, saying this could spell disaster to too many.

It was not all negative though. Malehu Mashilo tweeted that people are congratulating her and she’s too scared to ask how she did.

Carla Mouton tweets she was dragged out of bed at 6am to go and get the newspaper with her brother, who got seven distinctions.

Search for #matricresults to see what people are saying about the results this morning.