Tapas are a wide variety of appetisers or snacks in Spanish cuisine. They may be served cold or warm. In select bars in Spain, tapas have evolved into an entire, and sometimes sophisticated, cuisine. This week Chef Suné Niemand shares the last of her bar food delights.
|8||medium-sized cucumbers, finely sliced|
|4||small onions, chopped|
|1||green chilli, finely sliced|
|1||red chilli, finely sliced|
|For the pickling liquid|
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, onion and chillies.
- Add all the pickling liquid ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add to cucumber and onion mixture.
- Spoon into warm, sterilised bottles and seal.
- Place 15ml rinsed and drained capers, 30g drained anchovy fillets, 50g drained tuna in oil, 125g sliced pitted black olives, 30ml lemon juice in a blender. Process until finely chopped. While the motor is still running, add 30ml olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.