Calamari and chickpea salad in phyllo cups
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and grill calamari in little olive oil until opaque – about one minute, season calamari with salt. Let cool.
- Combine 60ml lemon juice, chopped flat leaf parsley, paprika, minced garlic and 100ml olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add one tin rinsed and drained chickpeas, small chopped red onion, piece of diced seedless cucumber and diced tomato, as well as the reserved calamari to the vinaigrette.
- Spoon some plain yoghurt mixed with a little cumin into phyllo cups and top with calamari salad and a dollop of black olive tapenade.
Grilled vegetables (in balsamic dressing)
- Baby marrow: Cut lengthwise and grill in griddle pan with olive oil.
- Aubergine (baby): Cut in half, brush the surface with olive oil, put on griddle pan and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carrots: Peel and cut on slant. Blanch until crunchy and brush with olive oil, put on griddle pan and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Butternut: Peel and cut into chunks. Put olive oil and salt on butternut, roast in oven until tender.
- Red onion: Put whole onion with skin in oven on 160º for 20 minutes. Peel and cut into quarters.
- Mix vegetables and drizzle with balsamic vinegar dressing.