Stuffed chicken breast on layered potatoes
Serves 4 – 6 persons
|6||chicken breast fillets|
|6||medium potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices|
|Ingredients for filling:|
|3||rashers back bacon, chopped|
|2 to 3||carrots, peeled and finely grated|
|1||small onion, finely chopped|
|1||yellow bell pepper, finely chopped|
|1||red bell pepper, finely chopped|
|80ml||fine bread crumbs|
|45ml||fresh chopped herbs (parsley, thyme, etc.)|
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and prepare a medium to large oven-proof dish.
- Pre-boil the slices of potato in salt water until almost done.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan (don’t boil) and add the basil leaves. Take off the heat and leave to infuse.
- Stack the slices of potato in the oven- proof dish, remove the basil leaves from the cream and pour the cream over the stacked potatoes. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Lightly fry the chicken fillets until brown on the outside.
- Carefully make a lengthwise incision in each chicken fillet.
- Fry the bacon pieces in a pan and add the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Scoop spoonfuls of filling into the chicken fillets.
- Arrange the chicken fillets on the layered potatoes in the oven-proof dish.
- Bake open for 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve with a salad.