Spiced Cranberry and Orange Jellies
It’s the season to be jolly and what could be more festive than a holiday table with great looking (and great tasting) food. This week Chef Niemand makes some spiced cranberry and orange jellies, which is a great arrival snack for our hot summer weather. She also shares a recipe for a festive looking Asian-style salad.
|Pinch of ground ginger|
|orange flavoured jelly|
- Peel the zest off the oranges with a potato peeler (only the orange bits).
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges and add to a saucepan with the zest, spices and cranberry juice.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and immediately remove from the heat and strain through a sieve.
- Add the jelly and stir until dissolved. Decant the mixture into pretty single containers.
- Cover and set in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with frosted berries or fresh cherries on top.