OFM News received complaints from the residents in Clarence claiming that police officers are restricting them to travel to nearby towns to stock up on essential items. Residents claim that local shops have few options and the prices of essential items have inflated since the lockdown.
Provincial police spokesperson, Motantshi Makhele, told OFM News that residents can call their local police stations if they are experiencing problems regarding the movement to acquire essential items.
The contact numbers for police stations in the province are:
- Trompsburg Cluster: LT UI Ntoyi: 079 893 9717
- Smithfield Cluster: Col NS Guma: 082 466 8639
- Parkweg Cluster: Brg. KJ Ramokotjo: 079 506 8607
- Selosesha Cluster: Col MJ Khotlele: 082 467 6407
- Mangaung Cluster: Brg. W Mokalake: 082 491 3029
- Welkom Cluster: M Gen. EL Molale: 082 372 3347
- Thabong Cluster: M Gen. NA Modise: 082 389 5885
- Ficksburg Cluster: Brg NF Molefe: 082 335 8403
- Bethlehem Cluster: M Gen. J Tsotetsi: 082 455 6091
- Phuthaditjhaba Cluster: M Gen. MP Moloi: 082 446 002
- Kroonstad Cluster: Brg MM Mbeloane: 072 039 9514
- Zamdela Cluster: Col. ML Moloi: 082 564 9613
MARVIN NTSANE/OFM News