The investigation into the murder of Bloemfontein businessman, Louis Siemens, is continuing to yield results as more arrests have been made of late in connection with the City Med Managing Director’s death.
Suspected repeat offender, 29-year-old Mojalefa Jali Molusi; 41-year-old disbarred legal practitioner, Karabo Tau; and 36-year-old Information Technology technician, Sizwe Mpati, have been pointed out for their alleged involvement in the murder on 10 May 2018. Molusi has been placed at the scene on the day of the murder. Tau and Mpati are said to have used the weapon that was used to gun down Siemens in a separate crime incident in August 2018.
Molusi was arrested on Wednesday January 9 in Phase 2. He was meant to make his first appearance in the Local Magistrate’s Court today for the Siemens case, but did not end up in the dock after police took him back to Grootvlei Prison following his appearance in the Regional Court for a separate murder case today. The 29-year-old has been implicated in two double murders that occurred in Bloemfontein in February and March 2017. In Jali’s absence, Advocate Johan De Nysschen requested that Magistrate Vuyelwa Mahamba remand the matter to January 30. De Nysschen said in court that the 29-year-old man will be added to the list of suspects in the Siemens case.
Investigating officer, Karin Jacobs, previously mentioned the former Advocate, Tau, in her testimony, as one of the people, Stanley Bakili, contacted numerous times via cellular phone. The phone records further indicate that businessman Bakili also made contact with a Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality employee and a South African Defence Force officer. It has been indicated in court that the SANDF officer is being sought after by police.
Tau and Mpati will be re-appearing in courtroom 20 on January 22.
Lucky Nkuyane & Olebogeng Motse