The Performing Arts Centre of the Free State (Pacofs) invites independent community theatre groups to submit their proposals and sign up to showcase their original, new, and cutting-edge stage productions in drama, music and dance for the 2023/24 Incubator Programme.
The Incubator Programme is an initiative by the Department of Sports, Arts, and culture in partnership with Pacofs.
“Over 3 years Pacofs has spear-headed and implemented the Incubator Programme within the Free State demographics, to produce multi-disciplinary works of artists that cover genres such as drama, music, and dance.”
- All Free State performing artists (unemployed and out of school youth) between the ages of 18-35.
- Prerequisite for community theatre groups, written original script and the production must be already in rehearsal stages.
- Synopsis and/or artistic treatment of the production.
- Language preferences: any/all official South African languages.
- Maximum number of participants in each production: must be no more than 10 cast members; including core/crew/and technical team.
- Unclear narrative and/or unstructured storyline will not be considered
How to apply:
- Send a written proposal with the background of the theatre group and company electronically.
- Proposer must confirm the accuracy of the content of the proposal.
- Submit a synopsis/artistic treatment of the production.
- Motivation on why your production is relevant for the Incubator Programme and how it will benefit you/your group and the community must be outlined clearly.
- Provide Pacofs with one reference letter from a mentor and/or community leader.
- Be prepared to showcase 15 minutes of your creative work for evaluation, adjudication, and recommendation.
The closing date for proposals is 17 June. No fax nor hand-delivered applications will be accepted.
Compiled by Justine Fortuin