#NalediMurderTrial: Family is emotionally, financially strained

0
970
The 21-year-old suspect accused of murdering and mutilating the 19-year-old Naledi Lethoba, is expected to appear again in the Bloemfontein High Court on Friday 17 January 2020, after the case was postponed last week.

The family of Lethoba, who was a student at the Goldfields TVET College in Welkom in the Free State, says the constant postponements of their daughter’s murder case, has caused emotional and financial strain on them.

Thapelo Nyakeni, who is Lethoba’s father, said the constant postponements of the case has affected them financially as they always pay transport costs for the other members of the family to travel from Bothaville to where the court case is being held. He added that the family wants to know what happened to their daughter’s body parts. They also want the case to be finalised.

The suspect, Obed Leshoro, is accused of the gruesome murder of Lethoba, who was alleged to be his girlfriend at the time the incident occurred. Lethoba’s mutilated body was found near Dagbreek, in Welkom, in May last year. Leshoro was handed over to the police by his parents four days after the incident. The case has been postponed several times from the Welkom Magistrate’s Court to the Bloemfontein High Court.

OFM News/Marvin Ntsane