Mimosa: ‘Safety of customers, tenants and staff top priority’

0
1963
Photo: Nomaqhawe Mtebele, OFM News

The management of Mimosa Mall, where a fire broke out at around lunch time on Friday 8 December, has reassured customers and tenants that they are doing everything in their power to ensure that the building is safe and become operational as soon as possible.

André Rossouw, acting marketing manager, said in his most recent media statement that the safety of customers, tenants and staff remain their top priority.

“We would like to thank the general public for their support during this unfortunate event,” said Rossouw.

According to the statement emergency services were still on site at Mimosa Mall and in control of the building today.

The fire has been extinguished, but the fire chief has confirmed that smouldering stock in the affected tenant’s storeroom caused some smoke in the building. The fire brigade investigated options to remove the smouldering debris from the area to resolve the problem.

“The building has not been declared safe by the fire chief, and due to this no access will be granted to the public, and the mall will not be open for trade until further notice,” said Rossouw.

Meanwhile the patient who was admitted to ICU at Mediclinic following Friday’s fire, had been moved to a normal ward.

According to Barbara Steenkamp, Mediclinic Bloemfontein spokesperson, the other two patients that were admitted, had been discharged.