Marinated fillet of beef with coriander and honey
|1||fillet of beef, approx 1 kg (Chef prefers Checkers Steakhouse Classic)|
|15g||fresh ginger, peeled and sliced|
|30ml||red wine vinegar|
- Blitz together all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Gently sear the fillet in a medium hot pan on all sides.
- Pour marinade over the fillet of beef and marinate overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes depending on the size of the fillet and how you like it cooked.
- Alternatively, you can cook the fillet on a hot grill until done.
- Meanwhile, heat the marinade in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Slice the fillet of beef and put on a serving plate and serve with the sauce in separate bowl.