Why was the little boy killed?

Bokamoso Madidilane

Why was our Bokamoso killed?
The devastated parents of this little boy are asking themselves that question. Although they suspect that their son has been killed, they have no idea how. And now, the Botshabelo family is looking for answers after his body was discovered few days after he went missing.
Today, his family and residents are grieving his death. The last time he was seen alive, was when he told his friends that he was going to look for his mother. And now, the police have opened an inquest case after seven-year-old Bokamoso Madidilane’s lifeless body was discovered in a water stream by community members last Thursday afternoon.
Bokamoso, who was a Grade 1 pupil at Thari-Ya-Tshepe Primary School, lived with his parents at Section N. His father, Daiki Photholo, said after searching for him for days with the help of the police and community members, they were hopeful that he would come back home alive. But sadly, as they waited for the good news, they were shocked when some people told them that the body of the child had been discovered in the water stream not far from their home.
Photholo said when Madidilane’s body was found, he was still wearing the clothes he had on when he left home. “We suspect that whoever is behind the cruel incident which claimed the life of our only son may have dumped his body inside the stream after killing him,” he said.
Selosesha cluster unit SAPS spokesperson, Sergeant Martin, said police have opened an inquest docket. Xuma told Voice that it is not clear how Bokamoso died, even though he had visible injuries, probably made by crabs. “A post-mortem will be done to determine the cause of his death. Police are investigating. Anyone with information should contact detective commander lieutenant Moholi Moleko of Boithuso at 082-3709-407,” said Xuma.
Xuma further said in another incident a six-year-old girl from Section D was rescued from a man who was seen forcing her to leave with him. According to Xuma, the survivor from Qelo Primary School was on her way to her house during the school break on Thursday when she met the suspect. The terrified child was heard crying by community members. “After recognising the child, the residents managed to save her from the man and called police. The 19-year-old man, who is facing charges of kidnapping, was arrested and is expected to appear in the Botshabelo Magistrate’s Court on Monday,” said Xuma. – Matseko Ramotekoa