Kidnap suspects expected in Bfn court

0
1834
A total of five suspects arrested for the kidnapping of a Bloemfontein businessman are expected to appear in the Bloemfontein Magistrate’s Court in the Free State on Monday.

OFM News reports that the police spokesperson, Motantsi Makhele, says that they will be facing charges of kidnapping and robbery. He says the suspects include three foreign nationals aged between 36 and 50 years old and two South African nationals aged 24 and 29 years old. This follows after they were arrested over the weekend.

OFM News previously reported that a businessman has been found alive two weeks after he was kidnapped. Police spokesperson, Motantsi Makhele, said Shaiful Islam was reported missing earlier this month at Park Road Police Station. He said Islam’s vehicle was found parked at the parking bay outside these premises. He added that the victim, before being kidnapped, was allegedly robbed of an undisclosed amount of cash that he collected after delivering stock in Dealesville.

Makhele explains: “Following the police investigations, the first suspect, who is a 50-year-old foreign national, was arrested in Hilton, Bloemfontein. His arrest led to the arrest of the second 36-year-old suspect, and an additional 39-year-old suspect. They are also foreign nationals. Information then led the police to Springfontein where the victim was kept in captivity. When the police arrived at the house in Springfontein they found Islam guarded by two African males. The 24-year-old and 29-year-old South Africans were also arrested as suspects.”

OFM News/MARVIN NTSANE