Quantities as a guideline:
|250ml||milk (can also use fruit juice for a dairy-free smoothie)|
|300g||of any seasonal fresh fruit or combination thereof to your taste/ liking.|
Try these combinations:
- Muesli, nuts, melon, yoghurt to make a breakfast smoothie.
- Apple (peeled), cucumber, carrot (peeled), celery and a piece of fresh, peeled ginger (raw, peeled beetroot in stead of carrot is also an option)
- Pawpaw or papino, mango, granadilla pulp and fresh figs (use mango or granadilla juice as a liquid)
- Lychee, kiwifruit, pineapple, lemon zest and fresh mint sprigs (use pineapple juice as a liquid or yoghurt)
- Rolled oats, dried figs, raisons, dates and dried cranberries (can even add nuts and peanut butter, they are good sources of protein)
- Strawberry, watermelon and banana
Guava and lemongrass punch
|750ml||clear apple juice|
|2l||guava juice, chilled|
|4||sticks lemon grass, trimmed and lightly bruised|
- Mix all of the ingredients in a jug and stir to develop the fragrance of the lemon grass.
- Pour the ginger syrup (recipe below) into 12 glasses and top up with the guava mixture.
Make your own ginger syrup
|16||slices fresh peeled ginger|
- Combine the ingredients for ginger syrup and stir to dissolve the sugar– set aside and allow to cool.
- Remove the ginger slices.