OFM News reports that this, as Health Minister, Zweli Mkhize, confirmed that the number of confirmed cases now stands at 49.
This means the province has seen an increase of 19 new cases since yesterday.
The total number of confirmed cases in the country also increased from 709 yesterday to 927 confirmed cases.
Mkhize on Wednesday said the spike of Covid-19 in the Free State was linked to the Jerusalem Prayer Breakfast held at the Divine Restoration Ministries in Bloemfontein earlier this month.
Meanwhile, as the country moves towards the 21-day lockdown, President Cyril Ramaphosa has called on all citizens to stand united in their efforts to contain Covid-19 and protect the lives of people.
“As South Africans, let us face this crisis together with strength, resilience, empathy and selflessness,” he adds.
OFM News previously reported that the Northern Cape’s first two positive Covid-19 cases are a couple from Hartswater, who attended the church service in Bloemfontein.
North West MEC, Madoda Sambatha, said a 21-year-old female, who tested positive for the virus in the province, also came into contact with international visitors during the service at the Divine Restoration Ministries, where five international guests tested positive for Covid-19.