FS education condemns shocking video

0
595
The Department of Education in the Free State has condemned a video – showing two boys sexually assaulting a girl – that is doing the rounds on social media.

OFM News took a decision not to post the video because of its extreme graphic content. Departmental spokesperson, Howard Ndaba, confirmed that all the learners are from Sediti Secondary School on the outskirts of Thaba Nchu.

Ndaba said all three male learners were taken in for questioning by the police. He said it is alleged that the incident allegedly occurred last week Saturday. Ndaba says according to early indications the three Grade 8 pupils took the grade 12 girl to their hostel where the incident took place.

The department became aware of the incident when the girl reported the incident to the police. Ndaba said the department has since deployed social workers to give counselling to the victim and further adds that the department will meet with the parents of the victim and perpetrators to find a way forward following the shocking video.

Ndaba further says the incident is a violation of the girl’s rights and says the department urges other pupils to desist from committing such crimes.

“Schools are there for learning and teaching purposes,” he adds.  During this video, one of the boys was heard cursing and yelling at others, believed to be pupils, to not enter the room. Asked if action will be taken against more students, Ndaba says he can’t pre-empt the findings of the investigation by the department and he would rather not comment further at this stage.

 

OFM News/Lucky Nkuyane