Apple, cinnamon, bran and nut muffins
|40g||high fibre cereal|
|280g||cake wheat flour (500ml)|
|105g||castor sugar (125ml)|
|2,5ml||cream of tartar|
|4||Granny Smith apples, grated|
|100g||pecan nuts, chopped|
|Ingredients for crumble|
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter and honey together in an electric mixer.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix well. Then add the other half.
- Fold in the grated apples and nuts – do not over mix!
- Whip the egg whites to soft peak and fold into the above muffin mixture.
- Scoop the muffin mixture into greased muffin pans.
- Mix all the ingredients for the crumble top layer together and sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
Skewer some fruit onto a stick.