Baby Marrow and Fig Salad
This week Chef Suné Niemand makes a delicious, fresh, cold soup, as well as a salad with a difference.
|4||fresh figs (green or purple variety)|
|200g||feta – coarse chunks|
|Handful of rocket|
|Ingredients for salad dressing (mix all the ingredients together)|
|5ml||chopped fresh ginger|
|1||lemon, zest and juice|
|2||cloves of garlic – bruised and chopped|
|A few sprigs of fresh thyme, use leaves only|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- Roast the hazelnuts for 10 -15 minutes at 180°C. Use a cloth to rub off the skins.
- Wash and slice the baby marrows and pan fry lightly in some olive oil.
- Cut the figs into halves or quarters.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Compile the salad ingredients in a salad bowl and toss with the dressing just before serving.