If you’re worried that your brain might become lazy after the holiday season, take a look at these apps that will keep your mind and memory fit at all times:
1. Peak is one of the brainiest brain-training apps available. It has a polished collection of mini-games covering subjects including memory, language, mental agility, and attention.
2. Elevate is a strong rival app to Peak. It has similarly clear visuals and simple, accessible mini-games to test your wits against. There are more than 30 exercises to test memory, focus, maths, comprehension and other mental skills.
3. Lumosity has a selection of mini-games that are mixed and matched into a daily programme. It also has the obligatory stat-tracking to show your improvement over time.
4. Fit Brains Trainer is another fresh, modern take on brain training for mobile devices, Fit Brains Trainer has more than 35 games, grouped into different workout sessions to keep your daily practice from feeling stale, whether you’re testing your memory, concentration, language or other skills.
5. Cognito is a game-like app with secret agents and global spying missions, around its brain-training tests. It still has all the serious features of the genre though: memory, logic and word mini-games, and stats tracking how your skills improve over time.