The Free State Department of Economic, Small Business Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (DESTEA) are encouraging SMMEs and Cooperatives in the wildlife sector across the Free State Province to apply for funding for 2019/20 financial year.
According to Destea, this programme is expected to suit the needs of various enterprises interested in the wildlife industry. The department stated that the aim of this funding incentive is to support economically viable and sustainable enterprises in the Wildlife sector for the development, growth and transformation of the provincial economy. Only Free State residents can apply for this funding incentive and the grant is up to a maximum of R1.5 million.
The applications should be submitted together with the following supporting documents:
- An application letter together with a business plan
- The business plan must include an executive summary and detailed components that indicates:
- The physical address and town where the business is or will be operated.
- The nature and objective of the business, unique value proposition and the current and new job opportunities to be created.
- Detailed description of the funding requirements and how those funds are going to be utilised.
- Core products and services
- Recent financial statements of existing business(s)
- Indication on whether the applicant has previously received any form of financial or non-financial assistance from DESTEA through any one of its incentives.
- Relevant and updated regulatory and sector compliance documents including the following should be submitted;
- ID copies
- CIPC Details: Company registration documents
- SARS: Tax Clearance Certificate
Destea assured that all submitted applications will be treated as highly confidential. They added that they are under no obligation to award a grant to any applicant, and that successful applicants will have to enter into an agreement with the Department in respect of usage of funds.
Applications are open from 20 February 2020 to 28 February 2020.