Police have strengthened their partnership with the community after a new Cluster Community Policing Board Executive Committee was elected in Bethlehem.
Police spokesperson, Zweli Mohobeleli, said the committee was tasked with ensuring a partnership between communities and the police in ten towns falling under the Bethlehem Cluster.
“Matters relating to resources, patrols, publicity, projects, and community involvement in the fight against crime were also discussed. The new board undertook to coordinate community policing activities throughout Bethlehem Cluster,” he explained.
The following people were elected:
- Chairperson – Mr Johny Maseko (Paul Roux)
- Deputy Chairperson – Mr Afzal Bux (Bethlehem)
- Secretary – Miss Palesa Ndaba (Tweeling)
- Deputy Secretary – Mrs Matshediso Motaung (Arlington)
- Treasurer – Miss Christina Mole (Fouriesburg)
- Public Relations Officer – Mr Oupa Motloung (Reitz)