Missing toddler: Four remain in custody

The case against four suspects allegedly involved in the disappearance of a Kimberley toddler, Keitumetse Magwadibane, was postponed this morning in the Galeshewe Magistrate’s Court to November 23.

The toddler has been missing since July. She was allegedly snatched by an unknown man while she and a friend walked to a local tuck shop. Northern Cape Police spokesperson, Majang Skalkie, dismissed rumours that the toddler’s body parts were found soon after her disappearance. She says the police in Kagiso are still searching for the missing child.

“A reward of R10 000 is made available for whoever assists the police with information that will lead to the finding of the child”. Skalkie says they have not found anything regarding the missing child. “We appeal to the community to come forward if they have any information that may lead to finding the missing toddler. The investigating officer, Sergeant Botha, can be reached on 082-469-2028. said Skalkie”

The four suspects, Norah Mazibuko (55), Joseph Mbongo (38), Maruping Kgwabane (38), and Clarens Mkhunto (23) were previously denied bail. Skalkie says the case was postponed for further investigation, and all four suspects are still in custody.

Katleho Morapela/ Courant News