Today in History: 25th October
08:00 (GMT+2), Sat, 25 October 2014
• 1918: Tobias Ballot Muller, SA youth leader, minister of religion and champion of Afrikaans, dies in Philippolis during the influenza...
Unclear if Trompsburg Hospital will operate
15:55 (GMT+2), Fri, 24 October 2014
It remains unclear when will Trompsburg Hospital start operating.
After several attempts it seems the Free State Department of Public Works seem to...
ANC admits to mafube revenue problems
15:50 (GMT+2), Fri, 24 October 2014
The ANC in the Free State admits that Mafube Municipality in Frankfort has a revenue problem and at one stage they couldn’t pay their employees....
Municipalities have challenges-ANC
15:39 (GMT+2), Fri, 24 October 2014
General Secretary of the ANC in the Free State William Bulwane said it was a well-known fact that there are challenges in local municipalities.
ANC no idea of the "Oath of Secrecy"
14:11 (GMT+2), Fri, 24 October 2014
General Secretary of the ANC in the Free State William Bulwane said he will follow-up the matter that Setsoto Municipality in Ficksburg submitted...
Setsoto Municipality has nothing to hide
13:38 (GMT+2), Fri, 24 October 2014
Setsoto Municipality said they have nothing to hide after they requested councillors to sign an “Oath of Secrecy” last week during council...
Today in History: 24th October
08:00 (GMT+2), Fri, 24 October 2014
• 1882: Robert Koch discovers germ that causes tuberculosis.
• 1926: Harry Houdini's last performance, which was at the Garrick Theatre...
Mental illness stigma to be tackled on Friday
18:15 (GMT+2), Thu, 23 October 2014
SABRINA DEAN - Mental illness can present as anything from mild depression to diseases such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder but sadly the stigma attached to mental...
'Adopt an ECD' aims to assist in poor communities
15:48 (GMT+2), Thu, 23 October 2014
Manstopa municipality in Thabo Mofutsanynane District in the Eastern Free State has been identified to have the most impoverished Early Childhood...
Today in History: 23rd October
08:00 (GMT+2), Thu, 23 October 2014
• 1901: The first motorists' organisation in SA, the Automobile Club of South Africa (called the Royal Automobile Club of SA since 1911), is...
DA demands Macufe budget answers
15:29 (GMT+2), Wed, 22 October 2014
The Democratic Alliance in the Free State wants the Department of Sports, Arts, Culture and Recreation MEC, Mathabo Leeto, to account for her...
Mense se mening oor Oscar Pistorius se vonnis
11:05 (GMT+2), Wed, 22 October 2014
1. Bella Myburgh- Hy moet sommer 15 jaar kry met geen parool nie en behandel word nes ander wat die sele as hy gedoen het, dis net fair
2. Geoff Gladwin - Vir moord...
Geen waterbeperkings in sig
08:14 (GMT+2), Wed, 22 October 2014
’n Maand en ’n half nadat ’n besluit geneem is om waterbeperkings in die Mangaung-metro in te stel, is dit steeds nie gedoen nie...
Today in History: 22nd October
08:00 (GMT+2), Wed, 22 October 2014
• 1879: Thomas Edison perfects carbonized cotton filament light bulb.
• 1978: Schalk J. Botha (73), SA economist, dies in Pretoria....
Today in History: 21st October
08:00 (GMT+2), Tue, 21 October 2014
• 1967: Edward Engenas Lekganyane (first known as Talane Reuben), leader of the Zion Christian Church the Star with large support in urban...
DA Councillors refuse to sign secrecy bill
15:36 (GMT+2), Mon, 20 October 2014
Democratic Alliance councillors at Setsoto Municipality refused to sign a Secrecy Bill that the municipal speaker issued during a council meeting in...
Today in History: 20th October
08:00 (GMT+2), Mon, 20 October 2014
• 1971: The Nepal stock exchange collapses.
• 1975: Supreme Court rules teachers could spank their pupils after warning.
Today in History: 19th October
08:00 (GMT+2), Sun, 19 October 2014
• 1932: Henry Ford gives his 1st radio speech.
• 1960: Martin Luther King Jr. arrested in Atlanta sit-in.
• 1981: Dorothy Fisher,...
SA monitoring Ebola situation closely
09:22 (GMT+2), Sat, 18 October 2014
The South African Department of Health has reiterated that no suspected or confirmed cases of the Ebola virus have been reported in the...